Forti5 is a nutritional supplement designed by world leading dermatologists and based on the most advanced hair loss research currently available. Forti5 helps to restore and support thicker and faster growth of thinning hair through five key pathways:
- Supporting stimulation of hair growth.
- Helping support prevention of hair loss.
- Nutritional support to help block DHT.
- Delivering key antioxidants.
- Supplying anti-inflammatory benefits.
Melatonin: Scientific studies have shown:
• The anagen hair follicle (HF) produces melatonin in loco as a cyto-protective and apoptosis-suppressive agent
• Melatonin helps prevent stress-induced hair loss. Melatonin can protect the follicle from systemic “stressors” associated with high levels of norepinephrine
• Melatonin is a potent antioxidant-free radical scavenger with capacity to stimulate DNA repair
• Melatonin interacts with androgen receptors and has anti-androgenic properties
• Melatonin prevents telogen as it reduces spontaneous apoptosis in Hair Follicle keratinocytes
Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) The vitamin D pathway regulates hair follicle biology in mammals and humans. 1.25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 (1.25-D3) modulates growth and differentiation of keratinocytes via binding to a high-affinity nuclear vitamin D receptor (VDR)
Vit_D-SunThe vitamin D pathway regulates hair follicle biology in mammals and humans. 1.25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 (1.25-D3) modulates growth and differentiation of keratinocytes via binding to a high-affinity nuclear vitamin D receptor (VDR)
• Studies have shown VDR deficiency leads to hair loss
• Mutations in VDR also lead to an inherited form of rickets, type IIA vitamin D–dependent rickets. Patients with this form of rickets also exhibit alopecia
• VDR and beta-catenin also regulate hair follicle gene transcription
• Vitamin D deficiency is associated with increased hair shedding
• Optimal concentration of vitamin D is necessary to delay the aging phenomena, including hair loss
Beta Sisosterol (Non-competitive 5-alpha reductase type 1 and 2 inhibitor) Phytosterols are 5-alpha reductase inhibitors and are utilized in the treatment of androgenic alopecia and benign prostatic hyperplasia.
• Provides estrogen and androgen receptor blocking
• Increases SHBG levels
• Provides anti-inflammatory benefits
• In a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled pilot study with 26 male subjects, the effectiveness of a combination of ß-sitosterol 50 mg and extract from the berries of saw palmetto showed that 60% of the study subjects were rated as improved as compared with only 11% of the placebo group
Soy Isoflavones are shown to provide activation of aromatase enzyme involved in the conversion of testosterone into estrogens.
soybeansSoy Isoflavones provide :
• 5-alpha reductase inhibitors to help block DHT
• Antioxidants to help prevent oxidative stress-induced aging of the hair follicle
• Increased SHBG levels. Low levels of SHBG are known to be associated with Male and Female Pattern Baldness
Green tea extract Epigallocatechin-3-gallate, the main polyphenol in green tea, stimulates human hair growth and prolongs the anagen phase through proliferative and anti-apoptotic effects on human dermal papilla cells.
greenteaOther benefits include:
• Potent Antioxidant – Oxidative stress directly affects the cell membrane and facilitates entry of DHT, DHEAS and other damaging factors into the cell. Reactive oxygen species (ROS) cause sebaceous gland hyperplasia, promote increased type I 5-AR enzyme activity and higher DHT formation
• Provides proven anti-inflammatory benefits
• Increases SHBG levels
• Supports hair growth stimulation
Omega 3 & Omega 6: Inflammation is commonly associated with androgenetic alopecia and other scalp disorders.
fishoil2Inflammatory cytokines induce telogen and can accelerate progression of AGA. Omega 3 & 6 provide potent anti-inflammatory properties.